Friday, March 7, 2008

snow!

what is it about snow that makes me turn into a five year old? i think that all that's good in the world is caputured in a snowflake. a friend and i wrote this poem when it snowed about this time last year. and i haven't written anything in a while, so i feel like maybe this will get me back in the swing of things. i hope you enjoy...

the city is lulled into sleep by the gently falling snow,
a white treasure for the blue collars keeping watch at night.
alas it has come and gone, a white wondrous whisper.
it has shared its secret, leaving no trace for the dreamer.

2 comments:

David Cintron said...

Snow is quite beautiful. It is also very cold, and driving between Nashville and Brentwood wasn't very pleasant yesterday.

Allie, Dearest said...

Hey, Julia!

I just saw that you have a blog! Yay!

Not, however, "Yay" for snow on my part. I don't like snow one single iota.

Not even one.